No matter what the event, food is always an important aspect. Here are a few of my top suggestions for unusual foods your guests will love!
No matter what the event, food is always an important aspect. If want your wedding to be memorable and enjoyable for all, food is a great way to win your guest’s hearts. When it comes to your food choices don’t fear being original. Traditional is great, but unusual foods can set your special day apart from the rest and make it a great experience for all of your guests. Here are a few of my top suggestions for unusual foods your guests will love!
1. Milk & Cookies
Who doesn’t love this classic pairing of two favorites?! This is great for a midnight snack to serve your guests after they have been dancing the night away. This could also be used in place of cake if you are looking for a more non-traditional dessert item.
2. Mini Grilled Cheese with Tomato Soup
Mini grilled cheeses with tomato soup shooters work great as an hors d’oeuvre during cocktail hour. This delicious comfort food combo is perfect for those chillier fall/winter months.
3. Macaroni & Cheese Bar
Guests love interactive food options where they are able to personalize their item. With a Mac & Cheese Bar, you have a ton of fixings displayed around the traditional and always delicious, mac & cheese. Let your guests get creative by adding whatever they wish to their classic favorite allowing for a truly original dish.
4. Fish Tacos paired with Margaritas
Who doesn’t love fish tacos and margaritas? Whether they are together or on their own, they are always delicious! This pairing is a great option for a summer event when margaritas are in full demand. You could do this as a station with full-size tacos and drinks or change it up a bit for hors d’oeuvres and use mini tacos and margarita shots to make it fun!
5. Popcorn Bar
A popcorn bar is also another great option for late night snacking! Have a selection of savory flavors mixed with sweet flavors for guests to munch on as they celebrate with you! Guests of all ages will love it and because popcorn is such a great grab and go treat, this snacking won’t stop the party!
So there you have it, 5 foods for your wedding reception that your guests will love! Don’t be afraid to step outside the box and stray away from the traditional. The most memorable aspects of a wedding are often the things you have never seen done before. While shrimp cocktail and wedding cake will always work for the occasion, mini grilled cheese & tomato soup or sweet & salty popcorn mixtures can really make an impression and leave your guests talking about your special day for years to come. Happy wedding planning!
Take a look at 5 cute dessert ideas that can allow you to veer away from the norm and add even more originality to your wedding day!
Don’t forget dessert! Although, who would, right?
Everyone knows a wedding cake is part of the process when you’re planning your big day. For some, the cake tasting is one of the things they look forward to the most. Wedding cakes are great, traditional, and an easy way to make sure everyone gets some dessert, especially if your venue cuts and serves it. But, what if you wanted to do something other than a traditional wedding cake and groom’s cake? Take a look below at 5 cute dessert ideas that can allow you to veer away from the norm and add even more originality to your wedding day!
- S’mores Bar: these are super fun and super cute, especially for outdoor weddings and the fall season! Sure, most venues have some restrictions on open flames but you don’t necessarily have to do it where your guests toast the marshmallows themselves. See if your caterer is able to offer a S’mores Bar and an attendant for it as well, that way you won’t have to worry about open flames and it’ll be much safer for your guests and your wedding overall!
- Cupcakes: this one is pretty obvious, you can do cupcakes instead of cake. The most fun part about this option is the freedom it gives you to give some personality to your dessert. If you do one big cake, it’s all the same design and most of time the same flavor. With cupcakes, you can do as many flavors as you want and decorate them to your liking! Or, have you ever thought of build your own cupcakes? I didn’t think so. Have the basic cupcakes there in different flavors and then have all the makings there for them as well! Your guests get to pick the flavor cupcake, different icing, whether or not they want sprinkles, if they want M&M’s or any other toppings, or even little mini cupcake toppers that go along with your wedding theme! This way, your guests have something to do, as well as, get to pick their own dessert. I’m sure they’d appreciate it as much as you would, and the effect it has on both your wallet or your sanity is another plus!
- Popcorn Bar: popcorn isn’t a very popular dessert item at weddings, so if you’re looking for something different but still delicious, try this one! There are tons of different flavors of popcorn you can offer to cover everyone’s preference and it’s something your guests don’t have to eat all in one sitting. This also gives you the freedom to use it as a part of your wedding decorations if you wanted. You can get all kinds of different vases to put the popcorn in and arrange it to your liking. I’m sure you could even get popcorn in your wedding colors! Check with your caterer to see if they can do it, chances are, they can!
- Milk & Cookies: this is always fun because everyone loves milk and cookies so you can’t go wrong! Once again, this is an option that allows you to offer a ton of different flavors and will allow you to please all of your guests no matter what their preference. If you wanted to decorate cookies with icing you can do different designs, but be sure to keep your wedding colors involved! The milk is a bit tricky, it is best to have an attendant at this station to assure the milk is kept cold and they can also pour for your guests, this will reduce spills and messes, as well as, your stress level! Another way to customize this option would be to include specialized cups for the milk which could double as a take home favor! Kill two birds with one stone which is always a plus when planning a wedding!
- Assortment of Desserts: this is great and can either relieve some stress or cause more depending on how extravagant you’re going with it. This is ideal for someone who wants to give their guests a lot of options for dessert and doesn’t mind going against tradition. With this, there are so many possibilities you are able to cater to exactly what your favorite types of desserts are. Brownies, mini pies, cake balls, truffle lollipops, tarts, cookies, cupcakes, anything your heart desires, throw it on the dessert table!
Your wedding dessert can be a wonderful way to get creative and be different while also getting your guests more involved, if that’s what you’re after. Wedding cakes are great and give you the opportunity to get that ever-so-memorable picture of you and your love cutting the cake together, so you don’t have to get rid of it completely. Do a cake in addition to other desserts if you still want to have those traditional moments and photos. Feel free to surround your wedding cake with cupcakes, brownies or cookies, or do a separate s’mores bar or dessert station as well, choose whatever you please as long as you are happy with it. Don’t fear creativity, not just when it comes to desserts but in all aspects of your wedding planning, originality often leads to the best memories!